teacher week! 10 fun things about me

It's teacher week 2013 and I am so excited to share and read about y'all!

If you don't already know, I'm an overshareer. I tell too much sometimes. There's not much I won't say aloud. So here are 10 things that are NOT on my about me page! mostly!

1. I cuss like a sailor. Not sure why. I wasn't raised that way for sure! I wasn't even allowed to say fart as a kid! We has to say "aired"! Ok, that's probably why I cuss! My favorite curse word is d-bag!

2. I commit to hair color as much as I commit to blog designs! I love change and I get bored of looking at the same things. One day I am going to share all the blog designs I have had within the past 2 years! ANd FYI, it's beign changed as we speak! 

3. AND...my hair is not even close to blonde! I have been coloring my hair since I was in 8th grade. It's been hot pink, blue (with kool-aid, never use it by the way), dark brown, light brown, super blonde, reddish, blonde highlighted, and is currently just that. Naturally it's fairly dark brown.

4. I'm obsessed with television. I always had a tv in my bedroom. My list of shows I watch regularly is embarassingly long. But I watch nothing when it airs. We don't even have cable at home right now and I watch Netflix all day! So ol' faithfuls are Big Bang, Law and Order (any of them), The Office, Seinfeld, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, 48 Hours, Snapped, or any other investigation show, Bones, and the Real Housewives of Anywhere. New favorites include Revenge, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black (must see!). 

5. I have big feet. I wear a size 9. I am 5'1"...doesn't make sense!

6. I can copy any font. If I see it, I can usually draw it. But I cannot just do it on my own! I actually type what I want to write, project it on my screen, and copy it on my anchor charts...

7. I tear up at any kind of performance. There is something about someone putting out their all that gets to me. I tear up at PE club unicycle performances, musicals, plays, esp. if it is children. 

8. I do not exercise at all. I wish I liked running. I want runners' legs!

9. Sleeping is my favorite hobby. I am always ready for bed by 8pm. And I can still sleep til 10am easy. I love summer for that reason alone!

10. I have restless legs. If you do not, it sounds really made up! But y'all, it ain't no joke! And in the summer when my mind is racing and my days are not, it is terrible! I am not good at relaxing and that does not help!

Now there's plenty more about me over on my "about me" page if you're curious!
I love teacher week and this is my last night of vacation, so I am ready to hop on in with Blog Hoppin'!

15 comments:

  1. I never knew we had so much in common. And your anchor chart tip... pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want runners' legs too. I wish I liked running!
    Love your post :D
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch all those shows as well...Orange is the New Black is Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Are you my long-lost twin?? Cussing, yes. It's really bad coming out of summer. TV? What don't I watch?? Running!? Ha! Have you seen my bumper sticker? It says 0.0. If you see me running, you better run too because some ish must be about to go down!! Sleep- I could sleep 10 hours overnight and still take an afternoon nap!! Oh, and restless legs... it is totally real, and I totally hate it. :(
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cuss like a sailor too!! Sometimes you just need to say what you need to say. Plus, I love that the "F" word can be used as every part of speech!!
    Heather

    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have 4, 5, and 9 in common. When people ask how I can sleep so much I tell them it's a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was nice learning more about you! Sleeping is my favorite hobby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to find other teachers who are just as foul mouthed as me! I am proud of the fact that I can turn it off at school. :) I have had the word crap slip out when a student fell and oh boy did the kiddos gasp! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ten things crack me up! I fully appreciate your honesty and humor! I am guilty of changing my hair color for the seasons as well! I just feel fresh and new when it is different!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post! I am 5"2 and wear a 9 also, so I get it. It's just wrong! :) House of Cards is my new obsession.....LOVE Kevin Spacey! Thanks for your great post(s). Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your post is hysterical!

    I have big feet but I am 5'10 so it does make sense.
    But, I too, cuss like a sailor... I throw the f bomb way too much!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a hoot! I am with you on almost all of them...but I have a little foot! Doesn't restless legs count as running? It's gotta burn some calories, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love #1 - I do as well....My mom always wonders how I make it through a day... I also have large feet - 9 to 9 and a half - but I'm only 5'5"! I loved reading your 10 things! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...