time savers for making products!

I wanted to drop in and share a couple of little things that make creating products a little quicker! Since I spend a lot of time making things, they are certainly time-savers!


First off, quit using whatever program you are using unless it's PowerPoint!

one is when you are making multiple pages that are similar {not even necessarily the exact same} use "duplicate current slide"!
see, here I am making cards for a game. All I need to change are the numbers, so duplicate and wa-la!

next, use that cursor to select multiple items at once. This is great to move over a column of images or move text out of the way for a minute!

and lastly, there's about nothing I hate more {other than wacky stretched out clipart!} than things that are not aligned! 
see those light blue lines? they tell me that the image is lined up with the image above it. I couldn't get a good screen shot of horizontal aligning, but it's the same! I think the tech term for this is dynamic guides...
You can also turn on the grid lines! 

I'll be sharing a few more things tomorrow! So go and check out our linky over at Blog Hoppin' for more time savers!

15 comments:

  1. I made my first two products almost a year ago in word. Never again, I have been using PowerPoint since and they are so much easier. Thanks for sharing and motivating so many others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you and me both and I think I cried that day when nothing in word would work! I am a ppt and pub girl these days!!!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree. My life changed when I started using Powerpoint!! LOVE it! I'm so thankful for Michelle and Rachelle who insisted I try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with Powerpoint, too! I look back at my old work in Word and *CRINGE*...lol!
    Ashley
    Just Reed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100% I started using PP about 6 months ago and it has changed my life! Yes, I cringe when I look at my old stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tips. As with everyone else - PowerPoint is the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree...I used to swear by Publisher but now I love Powerpoint!
    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the helpful tips!! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all of the helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the same reasons why I only use PowerPoint anymore! So much more functional than Word!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually figured this out at the beginning of this school year. I can't believe it took me this long. Now I just need to find the time. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I also like is how I can flash whatever I am working on up on the screen and have the printed copy in the hands of the students. Hits home and limits the whiney hineys!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a mac and use Keynote which is Apple's version of Powerpoint and it seems oh so similar! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE the alignment lines and how easy it is to maneuver ANYTHING! :)

    Ashley
    The Balancing Act I Call Life

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...