hall pass for the teacher

I don't even use hall passes. After the whole Sandy Hook tragedy  they have to be with me. I mean, that's my rule. It keeps them from going to the potty 20 times a day and keeps them with me...most importantly

Anywho,
here's a fun little linky you just may have heard of that Reagan is hosting
so here goes




oh, and the alpha above is from Hopie's Doodles-loving it!

This is my favorite project of the year, so obviously it's my favorite product. I will be getting a little update since I need to add a few text features from Common Core, but I LOVE, love it! 
Last year we had a blast cutting out text features from Scholastic News {I inherited about 3 years worth from 3 different teachers who retired or moved grades}. Another reason I love it is because it is versatile. You can use it as a resource and add features from magazines, etc. OR you can have the kids make "expert books" where they create their own text features.


1. I love our work display area. It is right above the fish tank which is already enough on its own, but add the glittery bird {from Hobby Lobby}, the Wicked Witch {from me} and lots of scrapbook paper and pretty work and you've got the whole shebang!


2. My guided reading table. I really love it because I love the 2 bulletin boards behind it and I love the stools {from target} and I love the leopard chair {$10 from Academy Sports}. I will be picking up more because my butterfly chair in the reading area broke this week! They love this one!


here's a closer look at the organization. That makes me smile! Each basket {"locker boxes"from Wal-Mart} holds a group's Fountas and Pinnell LLI kit folders, their notebooks, and the lessons.


straight forward here...Love me some Whole Brain Teaching!
Class, Yes! in any form is a lifesaver. Sing it, opera it, high pitch it, man voice it, stretch it out, shout it, whisper it. whatever!
I do have to share what a third grade teacher friend does...
she says STOP
they answer COLLABORATE AND LISTEN
crack me up!


CHOCOLATE, chocolate, and more chocolate

this is from the menu at Zinc in Charlotte. If you cannot read the quote it says: There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who love chocolate, and communists.
hahaha!
Diet Sun Drop, awesome work friends, and a hubby that listens also help...a little!

Well, I hope that gives you a little glimpse into my life. Not that I have ever hidden anything before! Happy Friday!


3 comments:

  1. Anyone that can work vanilla ice into a post is my new BFF!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! The birds and the signs - perfection!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your guided reading seats! I have one turquoise one that I love, but I never thought of getting several for the guided reading table!! And I started using the class? Yes! This year and looove it!! So much fun to practice different singing voices! :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...