Honey made a boo-boo!

Oh, I screwed up big time!

So, many of you may have seen or even posted these posters in your classroom

image
{clicking above takes you to my webpage-not to TpT}

I’ve had them posted on my school webpage for about six years…Well, a few months back I figured, hey-I’m seeing them all over the place and should add them as a freebie on TpT. And guess what!? TWO, two of them have glaring errors! I repeated words on Story Structure and Synthesize! Ekk! How does it take SIX YEARS for somebody to tell me!>? Why can I simply not edit my own files! I also made the in Printshop that fyi, has no spell check! No more! Never again!

Since I’ve had bloggy buddies check over my work. I am so embarrassed! I mean-THE Amy Lemons {yea-I pinned it, whatcha gonna say about it! =} has them posted in her room-and they have errors!

So my point is-IF you have them, please go download the NEW ones {I also updated Author’s Viewpoint and added Main Idea per requests}

and if you don’t have them-well-GO GET EM!

8 comments:

  1. I do not have your posters, but I'm on my way to go download them now! Thanks!

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that this post made me smile because I've made the same kind of error using Printshop! So glad that I now use Power Point :) Love the posters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, I've had them in my classroom all year and use them all the time. I've never noticed!! I love them! Going to download the new ones now. Thanks!!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel,
    Hate to say this, but I noticed another error ;( On the story structure poster: after the word "characters" it says "where is . . ." and I think you mean it to say "where it . . .". I've used these posters (thanks - love them) and never noticed any mistakes. So frustrating to miss something that becomes so obvious once you see it!
    Pam
    My Second Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you made my heart skip! Actually it is right. The words say WHO..., the characters...WHERE...the setting
      =) thanks!
      Rachel

      Delete
  5. My kids are my biggest spell checkers. I will read over something 100 times and not notice, but they will ALWAYS point out the errors.

    At least you finally noticed that's the important part!
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I look at these posters I think someone sent them to me years ago...how funny! So annoying when you find a mistake especially when you check a million times! Thanks for the new ones!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great posters! Thanks for the corrections and for featuring them again. I was just talking with my students about Making Connections and wanting to make a list of the reading strategies we've been talking about!

    What i have learned

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...