working on the chain gang

As a part of our Math Expressions addition and subtraction unit, we have a lesson on expressions and equations. The kiddos give me expressions that equal a given number. We keep repeating until we’ve made a chain of equations or an equation chain. I almost skipped the lesson because I wasn’t sure they needed it, but I’m glad I didn’t! What a hoot! Rather than having each kiddo write an equation on one sentence strip, they worked in 3’s. Each came up with 3 unique expressions equaling the groups number.

9=3x3=4+5=6+3=9x1=100-91 etc.

Not only did they do well, they added some comedy. Geez!

IMG_1651

IMG_1645

image

Download this little freebie from Google Docs. Each student will have 4 “links” to add to their group’s chain

image

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm glad you didn't skip it either, then I would have missed this cute picture :)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love it! Thanks for sharing!

    BTW I saw your BIG milestone on TPT...congrats!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...