DIY Clip Chart marble magnets

mondaymadeit2_240x240
linking up with Tara again for Monday Made it!

I have been interested in doing glass marble magnets for my room awhile now. I wanted to make numbered magnets to use on my clip chart. I keep mine on the front white board because the clip were always knocked off and I could never fit all 25 on Ready to Learn each day. Of course I could buy the flat magnets and write numbers on them, but what fun it that!

Here’s what I pinned-it’s a good tutorial, too

 

I just finally gathered supplies this weekend! After spending at least 90 minutes roaming around Michaels with 2 of my boys, and we finally decided on the larger glass rocks. They are about the size of my palms. I wanted them big enough to see the numbers and for little hands to grab.

Supplies:

IMG_1373

glass rocks from floral dept. or mosaic tiles
clear tacky glue ( I use Aleene’s that I had left over from my crayon monogram}
number stickers or cut from magazines {I used a little of both}
round magnets

How to: What I did
1. put numbers on white paper or cardstock to prevent bleeding-I used the magazine subscription papers
2. put small amout of tacky glue on flat side of the stone
3. stick on the number!
4. trim off excess paper
5. after this step dries, glue on magnets
Easy!

I liked the tacky glue because I could push all the bubbles out and it doesn’t set right away so I could mess with centering it. The glass magnifies the numbers a lot, so it was hard to do the 20s. I ran out of stones {I didn’t buy 2 packs because I wasn’t sure I’d like the size, but I like them a lot! Now I have to find magnets. I think I will need to go to Lowes or an office store. My Michaels only had small magnets.

IMG_1374IMG_1375

IMG_1377IMG_1376

Oh, maybe I could count my magnetic nail polish for Monday Made it, too! I love it! Can you see it?

Happy crafting!
ps-still no tile at school. They started today! What>!? Don’t they know I only have a month before school starts and all my belongings are piled in the hallway! errrr

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for a custom whole brain classroom setup pack!!! 3 more days left!

13 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel! These magnets turned out so cute! I made some last year but totally need more!!! A teacher can never have too many magnets and the cuter the better!!!! Now, I have to remember if I entered your giveaway.....hmmmm......Thanks for linking up:0)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so, so cute Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stones look adorable!! I can think of so many ways to use something like that. I'm definitely pinning this!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute. I made the glass magnets as part of my monday made it too. =)

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel! Love your blog! I found you on the new WBT Blog list! I look forward to following you!!

    Nancy
    Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can come check out my blog for the details!

    Courtney
    3rd Grade Sprinkles

    P.S. I love those magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! I am your newest follower! I just started a blog too! I love you craftiness. Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog - too cute!! I am going to a WBT conference this month and can't wait!! I am your newest follower! Come check me out when you get a chance!
    Angie @ timeoutsandtootsierolls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...