monday made it {instagram style} and more common core

So we take all these cute pictures and put them on Instagram to share with the world...then what? About a year ago I saw a site called insta.print. So cute....so expensive! and I am not even sure it's still around.
Then for father's day I wanted to do a poster of each of the boys at baseball games for Mr. Lamb. I went to walgreens.com and lo and behold...I saw this!
instagram + kevin and amanda font=love!
and here's what I ended up with!
It still needs some more pictures {which I just ordered-see below!} and I think some lace or ribbon and definitely a little bunting, but it is pouring rain and I like it just fine for now!!

so here's the 411 and I am sure a tutorial is not at all necessary, but they sure are pretty!



and here's the frame directions.

I chose an unfinished frame {Hobby Lobby} without glass for $39 minus 40% off coupon. 
Scrapbook clothespins {Hobby Lobby} I fully intended to go through the ordeal of glittering and papering myself, until I saw these things! I got two different packs that matched my home. 
plus my Instagram prints {$2.73}
mauve-ish colored wire {Hobby Lobby in the jewelry aisle} they have lots of colors and thicknesses.
{$1.99} I only used one spool and the frame is 18x20
thumb tacks {free from my desk drawer}

I pushed in the tack in the top corder and I wrapped the end of the wire around the base of the tack before pushing into the wood frame all the way. I just unraveled and zigzagged until I got the look I wanted. One part of the wire got twisted and has a kink in it, but I covered it with a picture!

ain't he a doll!?

I love the unfinished, scrappy look of it and the ease of changing out pictures to keep them current!

AND I did manage to squeeze out one TpT file that has been on my list thanks to Miss Tara! 
click me to see

I finally got the 4th grade posters made. I will blog about how I use these later on, but my 2nd grade ones are best sellers {and newly updated and on sale!} and I'm pretty much in love with how this set turned out! If you follow Tara at all, you recognize these colors! And a Big Ol' thanks to Ashley for making the Tara paper pack!
I may venture and take color requests on these sets, but let's see how things go! 
So go and link up with Tara now so I can spend more money and get more crafty!



8 comments:

  1. That frame is gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial! I'm going to definetely add that to my list of things to do for home. Thanks for sharing!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Instagram picture idea! Thank you for sharing!!

    Marcy
    searchingforteacherbalance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that frame to pieces!!!! It is totally something I would buy
    and put in my house!!! I want to glitter clothes pins too but now
    I won't have to:) Putting those on my list to buy! You know how much
    I LOVE those common core posters!!!!! Thank you, thank you my sweet
    friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on printing Instagram photos. I need to get on that!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank goodness for Hobby Lobby! I was there myself this afternoon and they were just marking their clearance down 66%. Needless to say, I came home with more than I intended to get. Love the frame! Such a cute idea!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project! I'm in awe as usual :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute project! I made something similar that was definitely inspired by Pinterest: http://tiffanykhyla.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-post-with-goodwill-frame.html

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...