five for frunday!

I never made it to link up last week and I just haven't felt the same since! So I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching on Frunday!





during our field trip to the Western North Carolina Nature Center in Asheville, I had a little kiddo's sister {who is unbelievably precious by the way} to hang out with! I had 13 parents go on the trip, so I didn't do much! haha! I let her play with my phone during the classes and here's a picture of each cycle of the mealworm's life. I love these little magnifying cases!


this is the part of the class where they say...can I have a volunteer!? I volunteer my silliest boy because I know what the end result is! I love this costume. It is perfect for the parts of a butterfly. There are noses on the antennae, lips on the feet, spiracles on the belly, and 2 sets of wings! It's great!


here's me with my mountain lion! We will be adopting an animal from the center by collecting silver money this week. The park is in danger of closing due to low funding and it is such a wonderful place we wanted to help out!


while I have been busy benchmarking, I've let small groups work on Life Cycle Literacy centers on one rug and these K'Nex life cycle blocks on another! These are awesome! I got them through a donor's choose project two years ago. You can make a caterpillar, chicken, egg, moth, froglet, tadpole, and a lot more! It also comes with photos for each!


I finally jumped on the bandwagon and made these rainbows. Inspired by Reagan Tunstall of course! We began poetry this week with acrostics. I told them no one word lines allowed! We wrote one about Earth Day as a class. I like my acrostic poems to have a few lines that are one thought. That's just what they did! I was really impressed! Each planned their poem in their much neglected poetry notebooks, then I gave them strips of paper to write their lines on. I hand drew a cloud for each student so they are each a little different. I write their names too. I just wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...