Back to School sale and week one

 

First up! Both my stores are on sale! 30% off at TN and 20% at TpT {plus am additional 10% off with the code BtS12}

bts12

 

{beautiful sign courtesy of Amy Lemons-go link up at Blog Hoppin’!}

AND

Well, one successful week down and my room still is complete. But 7 year olds sure do not notice! What they DO notice: I eat fudge Pop Tarts each morning, I set my drink down and lose it constantly, I have to “back up and reread” a lot {for real so it makes for perfect CAFÉ minilessons!}, I love crafts, and I love my pencil sharpeners.

Here are a few pictures from our first week. I never feel like I accomplish much, but it is all procedures. I really like my kiddos. They talk a a lot, but since we had a super short summer, we are still on summertime! Myself included!

Here’s our math manipulatives exploration time. I always have them take everything out, find an item, then return it to the bag to kind of inventory and refill lost items to bags from the previous year; but this year I used Amy’s tools vs. Toys minilessons! Great for this time! Here they have chosen 4 items and writing what they think they are used for.

photo 3 (2)

photo 1 (2)

photo 2 (2)

Here’s a Read to Self practice session. Day one we got to 00:02:31. I am so pleased four out of five classes used at least some D5 last year! It makes this time so much better! fyi:00:08:53 on Friday!!

photo 4

On day one we were introduced to the 5 classroom rules {from WBT}. I used the free ones from wbt and they fill out what the rule is, what it looks like, what it means I should do. It was our first cooperative activity {also from Amy} and went really well. Now I will hang my own versions up!

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

and here is an actual-real-life-picture of my classroom I snapped as I left Friday. I swear I will take more. You can see my favorite update in the back. I used those pennant banners from Target {they are in the party aisle} above each section of our library. The one you see says “fiction” and obviously the other to my right says “nonfiction”. I just used those neon letter stickies from the poster board aisles!

The desks are pulled apart so the floors might get swept before Monday. And my pretty Martha Stewart flowers have already been axed, but they are staying up until I am forced to remove them {and I mean using actual force because I love them!}

photo 4 (2)

4 comments:

  1. I love the polka dots.. Are they chair pockets? Sorry about your pretty flowers!!! Darn fire marshall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Your room is gorgeous! And I would only take those down kicking and screaming. Did you make all those pillows? Are they chair cushions? ❤Jodi from...
    ★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
    Helping Teachers Get Organized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not pleased! But I knew better too. Those are my chair pouches {that's what we call them}, I keep their math bags {manipulatives}, white boards and clip boards in them. They need a good washing!
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. I don't know what the fire marshall has against cute!! Love the chair pouches.. As soon as I find someone who can sew, I would love to have a set :)

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...