Last Minute Seuss Plans {Getting Everyone Involved and a freebie}

My grade level teammies are amazing. We all have very different teaching styles, but mesh really well. I truly learn from them and that’s something I could not work without! I’ve worked with dull and uninteresting before, and now it’s a dream!

We decided next Monday to do a “reading roundabout” with each of our favorite Dr. Seuss books.
Me-There’s a Wocket in My Pocket {it was my middle one’s favorite!}
Wacky Wednesday
Cat in the Hat
The Foot Book

We will each have 20 minutes in each classroom. So I will be doing my favorite Fact vs. Opinion lesson out of my Seuss-Y Literacy Pack. I LOVE this activity and used it ion 4th grader with my lower kiddos, too!

Slide10
I always like the opportunity to teach and learn with other students.

I know cooperative activities simply won’t work in everyone’s teaching situation for many reasons, but if you can pull it off…what a wonderful way to kick off Read Across America {or Read Across Your Grade!}

My plans for Friday and next week:
A Cat in the Hat Snazzy Snack
Comparing Sneetches to Yooks and Zooks {Butter Battle is my second fav} –and see freebie below!
Slide6
There’s a Wocket in my Pocket craftivity {students will create a rhyme about a imaginary creature in a place in our school {Ex. There’s a Noffice in the Office} –pinspired of course!
And I will be sporting my Seussy socks {thanks to my hubs who works at a hosiery mill!}
Not to mention we are knee deep in weather, dental health, character traits, Black History Month complemented with bios, and the local weatherman is visiting tomorrow and the tooth fairy came today!
and a note on Dental Health-If you purchased my Terrifically Tooth Unit I will be redoing the toothless kids graphics-they are still too blurry after I printed them to use this week

If there is one month a year that we teeny teachers each our whopping salaries-it’s gotta be February!

2011 202 
2011 201 

2011 197

IMG_0469

seuss_sox

We love Snazzy Snacks and make one each month. I reformatted the recipe page and made seasonal themed ones. Here’s a sneak peek-it’s the generic, but probably the stinkin’ cutest! I hope to finished them this week along with a cover {we bind at the end of the year as gifts for parents and to laugh at our handwriting!}

viewer


*graphics from KPM Doodles and fonts from Miss Tina

happy Leap Day!
signature

4 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Love the Double Bubble Map!!
    Jennifer

    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT ALL! Thanks for sharing. Love that recipe page. Cute!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks adorable!!! I can't believe how much February is filled with fun activities!

    Michelle
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  4. My second grade team is doing a Seusapalooza on Friday. We're switching seven classes for 35 minutes each. What a day it will be! =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete

notes to the teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...